Can i sell my iphone 5 on ebay and use that money to pay off my ETF?
iGoHam

I am in some financial problems and want to cancel my phone since I really don't use it as much as I thought so in order to save money I want to cancel my contract. I wanted to know If i can call verizon customer service, cancel my contract, and then sell it on ebay right away and use the money from selling it to pay off my ETF. I fear that the person buying it might not be able to use it right away or something and wanted to make sure first before attempting it. Also, how long do I have to pay off the ETF bill because I know that paypal makes you wait a week or two in order for the money to actually be usable. Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can i sell my iphone 5 on ebay and use that money to pay off my ETF?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Sorry about ur situation. Etf is o. The regulsr bill do a month. And they dont care where the money comes from lol it could be cocaine money lol

0 Likes
budone
Legend

pherson wrote:

Sorry about ur situation. Etf is o. The regulsr bill do a month. Huh?     And they dont care where the money comes from lol it could be cocaine money lol

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I don't believe the buyer of the device would be allowed to use the device until the EFT and final bill is paid

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Well I would think that since the buyer would have to just pop in their sim they should be ok. And the etf would be on the last bill. So technically the op should be good. Maybe if they have a phone from a friend that they can activate or ask that a dummy meid be put on the account that would help too.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I dont know. VZW is strict with not releasing a MEID to be used on their network again until the final bill is paid

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Well if they do the borrow a phone thing or dummy meid they will be fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

iGoHam, financial hard times don't last forever. You can change your plan to lower you bill and make it affordable for you: http://bit.ly/xdDajD If you choose to cancel your services, you be billed an Early Termination fee. This fee will be added to the current balance on your account. You will need to deactivate that device from your wireless number and pay the final balance before selling that device on ebay. Please be advised that the potential buyer of that device will not be able to activate it on their line when their is an outstanding balance associated with it. The electronic serial number of devices can be verified online at our website to determine if it's eligible for activation on another line http://bit.ly/SZYvgb 

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes