Can not make or receive a voice call and can not receive text.
roja

When I boughts my 5s I gave my sone my ond iphone4 for use as a wifi only device but in the last couple of days he has been getting all phone calls and text that were intended for me. His cellular data is turned off in setting and I can not make a voice call or recieve texts. Please help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can not make or receive a voice call and can not receive text.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here I am to save the day roja. Let's get your calls working. May I ask what error message, if any, are you getting? Also, how many bars of signal are you showing? Thanks for doing the reset network settings. If you haven't rebooted yet then I would suggest doing so. If that doesn't work then a restore using iTunes will be the next step. Please keep us posted with the results.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you view your MyVerizon account online, which phone is listed as the active device on the account?

The iPhone 4S should be kept in airplane mode with the wifi radio turned on to keep the phone from searching for the Verizon Wireless network and to prevent any accidental calls being made from the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
roja

My 5s is listed and I will try the airplane mode.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should also verify the iPhone 4S isn't receiving any iMessages intended for you. It might be better to have too separate Apple ID,  one for your phone and one for the other.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
roja

Yes he has his own Apple ID and he was receiving my text messages. I had him reset network settings and now I am getting text just can receive or make voice calls.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here I am to save the day roja. Let's get your calls working. May I ask what error message, if any, are you getting? Also, how many bars of signal are you showing? Thanks for doing the reset network settings. If you haven't rebooted yet then I would suggest doing so. If that doesn't work then a restore using iTunes will be the next step. Please keep us posted with the results.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
roja

I am not getting any error message only a failed call. What I also have tried is I went ahead and activated the other phone that was receiving my calls and texts.

This signal is another thing I am only getting 3G when I have been getting LTE. Other people in the same room are getting LTE.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
roja

I will go ahead and hook up to iTunes and restore.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes