Can't Find VZ Contact Transfer App For iPhone 5
Slymo

I have been trying to transfer my contacts on to my iphone 5.  The only app that comes up in the app store is Backup Assistant but Verizon says it's not supported on the iphones and to search for VZ Contact Transfer but it does not exist.  All that comes up when I search is Backup Assistant.  backup Assistant won't get me past the security verification code.  It rejects every code every time.  I love getting a new piece of equipment that proves itself to be a big POS on the most important thing like getting my contacts transferred.  But hey I can play Angry Birds all freaking day long now WOW!

Any help would be appreciated before I test my insurance plan throwing this across the room.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't Find VZ Contact Transfer App For iPhone 5
webcell

My IPhone 5 is on the way and I have been told the same thing.  Download the app!  Hopefully someone will answer this question.  You would think some Verizon personnel would be monitoring this blog.  I was told the the VZ store can transfer the contact there.

0 Likes
Slymo

Well I hope you don't have the same problem or can at least get a store to do it.  My closest store is over an hour drive away.  I found a workaround way to do by exporting a file blah blah blah but that doesn't help me with getting the app on my phone so I can back it up.  I'm going to call Verizon customer service today and see what they have to say.

0 Likes
webcell

I can't wait to get iphone. Going from dumb phone to top of line smart phone. I hope i am not overwelmed.

0 Likes
Slymo

well my old dumb phone is smarter than my smart phone right now as far as my ability to call anyone 

0 Likes
webcell

iphone 5 just arrived,

will let you know how contacts went. Will set up tonight

0 Likes
Slymo

OK so before I share my solution I need to rip Verizon for having so much mixed and bad information on their site that needs to be taken down or corrected.  In their Support section they clearly clearly state Backup Assistant does not work on iPhones 4, 4S, 5 etc.. so the clearly clearly state to use VZ Contact Transfer but it does not exist in the App Store.  Customer Service had no idea and absolutely could not help me.  I've seen some people use Backup Assistant successfully on their iPhone 5's but I could not get it past a verification code that Customer Service could not help me on.

ANYWAY...on to solutions.  If your phone supports it try synching up your phones via Bluetooth and send your address card from the old phone to the new.

In my case I ended up grabbing the MyContacts .csv file and bringing it into my computer, imported to Gmail and then using the following link to import into my iPhone. 

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138740

Now I have my contacts and Verizon gets a big GIANT goose egg zero from me.  I applaud good service as much as I let others know about bad service.  I'm in a customer service related field so I understand the effects of one person with a bad experience...they tend to tell lots of people!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

While I cannot vouch for the iPhone 5, Backup Assistant DOES work on an iPhone 4S, as I transferred contacts to 2 different iPhone 4S phones recently via Backup Assistant.

0 Likes
Slymo

Thanks for adding that.  I forgot to mention you had luck with your 4s...just more evidence Verizon needs to fix what is on their website as far as Backup Assistant goes.  Then again it's pretty typical for a company to roll out new things or change old ones without waiting until all their ducks are in a row.

0 Likes
Slymo

Hope it all works out for you...these Verizon troubles aside I LOVE the thing!  I love all my Apple products.

0 Likes