Re: Can't enable Personal Hotspot on iPhone 5, iOS 6
kovey
Enthusiast - Level 2

His information is still false. 

There's something wrong with both of your phones if you have to first disable wifi before enabling hotspot. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jasnegosky-

The benefits of mobile hotspot are endless! Our Nationwide/Americas Choice plans do not have a hotspot feature built in, but the feature is available at $20/month for 2GB. You can add the feature on vzw.com/myverizon. Otherwise our new Shared Everything Plans include the value of the hotspot built into the plan. Check more info here: http://bit.ly/xdDajD. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lodihut
Enthusiast - Level 1

Citizen

I was able to activate my personal hotspot by doing the following steps. 1. Turn off wifi. 2. Do a reset on phone by holding power and select button until apple logo appears. 3. When phone powers back on, go into settings >  general > cellular. >  personal hotspot.

You should then be able to turn your wifi back on.

This worked like a champ!  Thanks

mestuff1

I had the same problem, and got a solution, but a different way than what was mentioned above.

Apparently, when you have the data usage notification turned on, it messes up the hotspot provision.

The CSR that helped me, made sure that the hotspot was provisioned, then turned off the data usage notification feature. This solved the hotspot issue. He subsequently turned the data usage notification service back on.

The CSR was fantastic in helping me find a solution.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
tommut

The disable wi-fi / hard-reset / enable hotspot worked for me as well.  I was rather skeptical, but it did the trick.  Much better than having to go through the pain of calling support or visiting a store.

Thanks for the tip Internet Strangers!

0 Likes
pjschroeder
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just thought I'd add my two-cents on this, Lrknowlton solution worked for me as well. I have had an iPhone 5 on a government/educational contract, never tried to enable my mobile hotspot on it (didn't realize I had this feature on my account until the other day). I had to switch over to a personal plan with this phone and after making the switch, I decided to try to enable mobile hotspot and was running into the same error at the top of this thread. For me, turning off WiFi and rebooting the device did the trick. I can now get into the mobile hotspot menu regardless of my wifi being on or not and I didn't have to call Verzion. It sounds like different people are having slightly different issues all with the same error screen, so this fix is not guaranteed to work for everyone but it certainly did for me. Good show Lrknowlton thanks!!

0 Likes
pnothnagel

I just upgraded to the share-everything plan and added an additional iPhone to my account, and I was able to get my existing phone working by resetting the network settings.

0 Likes
sparky192837

You are incorrect, kovey.  The other two guys are correct.  I had the same problem and the same solution worked for me.  I turned off WiFi and was then able to configure hotspot without getting the Call/Go To Web Site/Cancel box.

0 Likes
scarecrowy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've tried this and ended up in robot chat hellplace. 

Support robot said that mobile hotspot is not available on my plan, here are the plans that support it.

So I picked one then I get this--

list of what you are gaining includes: 4g Mobile Hotspot Provisioning

list of what you losing includes: Block Mobile Hotspot/pre-provisioned Mobile Hotspot

sooooo, I did "have" it, now I am "losing" it, but I never "had" it because it wasn't "supported"

go, verizon.

0 Likes
scarecrowy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'd also like a minute with the marketing genius who named it "Block Mobile Hotspot" though they may have been onto something as this feature does indeed prevent me from having a mobile hotspot, clever! 

0 Likes