Can't receive text messages from people not on Verizon.
A_S

Hello,

I have had my iPhone 5 since December 4th, but didn't really use it for texting much until this month.  For the past week I have not received any texts from people not on Verizon.

In my messages settings:

iMessages is ON

Send Read Receipts is ON

Send as SMS is ON

Send & Receive is [my number]

MMS Messaging is ON

Group Messaging is ON

Show Subject feild is ON

Character Count is ON

In Settings>General>Cellular:

Cellular Data is ON

Enable LTE is ON

Roaming is ON (everything in it is ON)

Personal Hotspot is OFF

Use Cellular Data for Itunes, Facetime, Passbook Updates, and Reading List is OFF.

My iOS is 6.0.1

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't receive text messages from people not on Verizon.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi A_S!

I want you to receive all messages, from VZW and other carriers. You mentioned that you just noticed this happening in the current month. When sending to non-VZW customers, do they receive the message? In other words, is the issue only when they send to you? Do you see the message, but can't open it? Or does it just not come in at all?

Please share some details for me, thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Twb63

I'm having this problem as well but occurring with Verizon customers.   Not sure how long it has been going on as my sister sending me text and just realized not receiving. Yesterday a friend try to text me and would not deliver. I've tried to text both and get error not delivered. Never had a problem before.  Can you help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Twb63,
Let's make sure you're able receive all your text messages! Are you sending/receiving text messages or iMessages? Do you see the message and just can't open it? Please share additional details so I can better assist.

DaisyP_VZWSupport

0 Likes