Can't receive texts after porting from AT&T
paulvina

Hello,

I was recently stationed in an area with no AT&T coverage which required me to port to Verizon. Ever since the port I can't receive texts except from Verizon about account changes and updates. I called the support line and the lady I spoke to reset something on her end and had me power cycle my phone after powering down my old phone. After that I am now able to get FB account updates via text as well as system texts from Verizon. I still cannot, however, receive texts from my wife, who is still with AT&T until she moves here. She has a Galaxy S4. I also can't receive texts from my salesperson who has a Verizon iPhone. I can text myself and that will go through pretty much instantly. I have tried this with iMessage turned on or off. My salesperson did say that iMessage had to be off or there could be issues. I didn't get that turned off before the port started, apparently, but I'm not sure if that's the real cause. AT&T customer service said to try waiting 24-hours and restarting to see if that helps. I'll try that and resetting the network settings. I need to be able to stay in contact with my wife as she's two states away.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can't receive texts after porting from AT&T
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know text is an important form of communication paulvina. Let's get this fixed! If you are still having issues please accept my follow request, follow me and send me a direct message with your mobile number and verification. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes