Can't upgrade preferred roaming using *228
Rich250
Enthusiast - Level 2

When trying to upgrade preferred roaming on my phone using *228, I got a message telling me that that number was not allowed.  What gives?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't upgrade preferred roaming using *228
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't update the Preferred Roaming List on 4G phones by dialing *228 ... that function is handled by the SIM card.  Turning the phone off/on will often update the PRL if an update is available.  You also can turn off the phone, remove the SIM card (be careful not to touch the gold contacts), wait a couple of minutes, then reinsert the SIM card, turn the phone back on, and allow a few minutes for a fresh network connection to be established.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't update the Preferred Roaming List on 4G phones by dialing *228 ... that function is handled by the SIM card.  Turning the phone off/on will often update the PRL if an update is available.  You also can turn off the phone, remove the SIM card (be careful not to touch the gold contacts), wait a couple of minutes, then reinsert the SIM card, turn the phone back on, and allow a few minutes for a fresh network connection to be established.

Rich250
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.

0 Likes