Can you downgrade from smart phone to basic phone?
amberlee08

I added two lines on my account for my parents. They do not however use smart phones. But I got their lines with the iPhone 5 and switched it to my line. They ordered flip phones from ebay, however when the 5 came in they didn't have them available yet to I just put my iPhone 4 on the lines. Now the flip phones are in and I'm getting an error when I go to activate device. Its before I even put in the MEID number, saying can not process at this time. Is there a limit of times you can switch phones within 24 hours? And is it even possible to downgrade from smart phone to basic line?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can you downgrade from smart phone to basic phone?
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

Yes you can. if you are on the share everything plan then the cost per phone will go from $40/month (smartphone) to $30/month (feature phone).You will still have the data plan at the cost it is now since that is shared between all phones on the plan.  If you have a grandfathered tier plan you should be able to drop the $30/month data plan for their specific line.

Since they ordered the phones off ebay, you will want to make sure those phones will work on VZW. If they do then switching to the flip phones should be pretty simple. you will likely have to call VZW to get everything set up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

Yes you can. if you are on the share everything plan then the cost per phone will go from $40/month (smartphone) to $30/month (feature phone).You will still have the data plan at the cost it is now since that is shared between all phones on the plan.  If you have a grandfathered tier plan you should be able to drop the $30/month data plan for their specific line.

Since they ordered the phones off ebay, you will want to make sure those phones will work on VZW. If they do then switching to the flip phones should be pretty simple. you will likely have to call VZW to get everything set up.

0 Likes
amberlee08

thank you very much. ill call them now.

0 Likes
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

How did it go? Pretty easily hopefully...

0 Likes
amberlee08

very easy. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes