Canceled Verizon order. Got iPhone at Apple store.
oschrndz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I placed an order at the Verizon store a little over a week ago for the Silver 16GB and was scheduled to ship 10/14.

But today I went to the Apple store website to check store availability and to my surprise there were 3 stores in my area that had it in stock.

Immediately I called Verizon and canceled my order and then placed an order for the phone thru the Apple store website for store pick up. You have to cancel with Verizon first otherwise it won't let you process the order, it will tell you there's an iPhone order pending already, at least with upgrade eligibility you can have to do this.

I know the gray and gold phones are in higher demand but it's worth checking at the Apple store website as well.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Canceled Verizon order. Got iPhone at Apple store.
spill00

Me too.  Hearing that the ship dates were getting pushed back even further, I went to the Apple store website and saw that they were listing that they had some 5S so I called Verizon and cancelled my order.  I figured it was worth taking a chance that I would be able to get one way before my supposed ship date of 10/14.  By the time I was able to get everything entered, they were gone for the Available for pick up.  The next day I searched  a couple of different times and got one.  Went and picked it up, got a quick lesson and they helped me set it up--not that it was hard.  I think that the Apple stores are getting shipments every day--probably more than Verizon.  I bet the Verizon stores are getting phones delivered to the stores and giving them to people who come in.  It is the web orders that are the last to be filled.  My closest Apple store even had some gold ones.  Mine doesn't rattle or have a loud click.  The fingerprint sensor works great.  I think it is a great phone.  If you have an Apple store close, you might want to check with them.

0 Likes
jules13

called Verizon to cancel my order and was able to pick up the Gold Iphone 5s at a local Apple Store. Picked it up a few days ago. Figured that was better than waiting until Nov. 4th for a phone I ordered on launch day through Verizon. Service was awesome at the Apple Store. Love the phone. It was an upgrade from the Iphone 4 for me. Love everything about it. Apple did a great job with this one!

0 Likes
oschrndz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, the AppleStore does get shipments daily but they don't know what type of phones and how many they are getting until they receive the shipment. They sell the phones to the people that are there every morning when the doors open.

When I saw that the AppleStore had the phone in stock I went for it and took the risk as well with canceling my order with Verizon, specially after reading on here people getting their shipment dates pushed back. It is my very first iPhone and I love it!

0 Likes