Cannot get e-mail
gggrif

up folders where special type emails are sent automatically.  I have to click on each folder for it to update.  This takes time and uses data every time to populate each "other inbox" folder.  The specified folders are there, but that's all.  And, I deleted Hotmail and reinstalled it on my phone, but it was set for no limit on messages, yet I lost all email messages (on phone only) from either before 1/2014 or one year ago.  I called Verizon help #, and was told to get the Windows Live Hotmail PUSH emails for iPhone app and that Apple and Microsoft don't get along.  After reading the reviews, I won't do this!  I want all my individualized Hotmail to work on my phone correctly like they did just recently, in "Mail."  I haven't seen mention of this issue.  Is it also part of the MSN/Hotmail problem?  I need all my Hotmail folders to work and I need all my emails on my phone.  ???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot get e-mail
gggrif

ARGHH!  The first part of my post is not showing!  Attempt #4:

I've not had any problems with my iPhone 5 since I've had it (2012), until just recently.  Now, it only updates with new messages in the Inbox folder and not other folders I set up for special emals to be delivered to automatically.  Continue back to post above...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gggrif,

Thanks for reaching out to us today. I can understand how this can be very frustrating not getting all of your e-mails coming into the phone. When you deleted the email account from your phone and you added it back on, did you select Outlook.com option or Other? If you set it up under Outlook, let's delete the email account again and add it in as Other. Is this the only email account that you have set up on the phone? Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gggrif

I did not set it up as Outlook, but Other. I have 2 other email accounts on phone. No problems with them since iOS 7. Plus, this problem has been pushing my data plan over limits, thus costing me $11 more each time.

~g. g. griffin

0 Likes