Cannot receive incoming international texts
extremesteve

Hello,

I just switched over to Verizon Wireless and I'm unable to receive incoming international text from my family in Denmark. Their carrier is listed on Verizon Wireless website as participating carriers (Telenor and Telia) so I'm frustrated that I cannot get their text.

http://businessportals.verizonwireless.com/international/Text_Messaging/Europe/Denmark.html

My family in Denmark can actually receive my text just fine but I don't get their incoming text back to the US.  However, I can receive incoming phone calls from them using the same mobile device.  It's just the incoming international texting that doesn't seem to work.  I can send and receive domestic text fine to and from anywhere in the US. When I was with At&T a few weeks ago, I was able to send and receive international text without any issues with my family in Denmark. I switched over to Verizon Wireless for their superior US network but I didn't know I'd be screwed for international texting. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Steve

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot receive incoming international texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Extremesteve!

Sending and receiving international text messages is definitely important, especially from your family! I will be more than happy to provide some suggestions.

As a new customer we need to qualify and add a free feature called International Dialing. Although you can send and receive phone calls this feature would allow the complete package for text messaging as well.

The feature just allows the capability and is the reason why it's free, but as you're aware there is a cost to send and receive international text messages.  You can contact our Global Support at 800-711-8300 to have your account reviewed to have this feature added!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Extremesteve!

Sending and receiving international text messages is definitely important, especially from your family! I will be more than happy to provide some suggestions.

As a new customer we need to qualify and add a free feature called International Dialing. Although you can send and receive phone calls this feature would allow the complete package for text messaging as well.

The feature just allows the capability and is the reason why it's free, but as you're aware there is a cost to send and receive international text messages.  You can contact our Global Support at 800-711-8300 to have your account reviewed to have this feature added!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
javedvzw

I am facing the same issue. I just moved over from ATT. It worked fine with them. i have the international calling plan as well(not sure why that solves the issue).

I hope we get a solution.

Thanks

0 Likes