Change to 5s
laka

My dad bought me the 5c before it went on sale (9/6) for my birthday (10/18). He paid the same price for the 5c that he would've paid for the 5s now. He did buy with the 2 year contract pricing. I tried to exchange the 5c for the 5s since it has not been used in that time (9/6-10/18), but was told there is only a 14 day return/exchange policy. I intend to stay on the Verizon contract that he is paying for. But I was wondering if there is any chance I could transfer (temporarily) the contract to an old verizon phone, sell the 5c, buy a 5s, and transfer the contract back on to the 5s? I really want the 5s, and I figure that since he's paying that much for it, I might as well get the full worth of what he's paying for! Please help, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Change to 5s
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there laka,

Happy belated Birthday! October babies are the best! I'm sure that you were excited to get a new phone for your brithday, that is a great gift. I wish that there was a way for us to exchange the 5C for the 5S. If your line was already used for an upgrade, we aren't able to return/exchange it as there is only a 14 day Worry Free Guarantee. I certainly do apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Change to 5s
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there laka,

Happy belated Birthday! October babies are the best! I'm sure that you were excited to get a new phone for your brithday, that is a great gift. I wish that there was a way for us to exchange the 5C for the 5S. If your line was already used for an upgrade, we aren't able to return/exchange it as there is only a 14 day Worry Free Guarantee. I certainly do apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes