Computer won't even recognize my iPhone 5
rforbes71
Enthusiast - Level 1

Computer/iTunes doesn't recognize my iPhone 5. It was working fine yesterday. I can't charge at all from my PC. My USB port works fine with other devices, so it's not that. I thought I had a bad USB charger. Used a different USB charge cord, still won't recognize it. When plugged into an AC adapter it WILL charge. But, that doesn't help me connect to iTunes to sync. Smiley Sad Please help!! I don't know if my phone is faulty or if it's something on my computer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Computer won't even recognize my iPhone 5
rforbes71
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was able to figure out my problem. My Apple Mobile Device Driver needed to be reinstalled, then it worked again. Thanks for your response!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there rforbes71,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues connecting your iPhone 5 to iTunes. iTunes is the best way to backup and transfer information to your iPhone so lets get you back up and running.

Are you on the latest version of iTunes? How long has this been going on for? Have you had trouble hooking up any other devices to your computer? I would recommend restarting your computer and testing it again.

Please provide additional details so I can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
shanefolger
0 Likes
rforbes71
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was able to figure out my problem. My Apple Mobile Device Driver needed to be reinstalled, then it worked again. Thanks for your response!

0 Likes