Connectivity unreliable in apartment building
gratefulandthankful

My new iPhone 5 won't let me send or receive texts or emails, and it drops phone calls when I'm at a friend's nearby apartment.  My apps are all closed, I'm not on wi-fi.  I called Customer Service, and they said to be sure that - in this setting - my 'Settings' + 'General' + 'Cellular' + 'Cellular Data' is on, because my iPhone is probably busy looking for a wi-fi connection, and that I need to re-route the search to the Cellular Data.  I've tried all that but am still having the same problems.  Any thoughts, anyone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Connectivity unreliable in apartment building
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello gratefulandthankful!

First of all, congratulations on your new iPhone 5. I hope outside of this one issue that you're really digging it thus far.

Anyways, in regards to what you're experiencing, if you're not having service issues elsewhere, the issue is with the indoor coverage at your friend's nearby apartment. Ultimately, each wireless carrier is different with signal strengths due to the phone and tower proximity, however, none can guarantee coverage indoors. For those times when indoor coverage is imperative, we offer network extenders http://bit.ly/AKkC .

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Connectivity unreliable in apartment building
Not applicable

Well apartment buildings are loaded with people. Most who probably have cell phones. If a lot of them have the same carrier it wouldn't surprise me for the cell tower in that sector to be congested especially if several people still have unlimited data.

0 Likes