Contact Transfer
zscheck

I am currently converting from a Driod 3 to an iPhone 5. When I got the phone from the verizon store, their machine to transfer contacts was not working but I was told I could do it myself through backup assistant.

I was able to transfer about 80% of my contacts, but apparently it has not backed up anything in about 6 months (I had it to automatically update), so that on my iPhone I do not have any recent contacts.

I also believe that my old Droid automatically updated from Backup Assistant to Backup Assistant Plus (I remember using BA in the past, but never BAP), and I cannot find the BA in the Play Store. It will backup some info, but it only gives me the options of choosing music, pics, videos, and docs.

I want to know how I can get the remainder of my contacts on to my new iPhone, or at least info about a better, working app.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contact Transfer
wushu2004
Contributor - Level 2

Were your contacts on your Droid stored in a Google Account? If so, you can just set it up the same way on your iPhone.

If not, I'd reckon there's a way to export a .vcf file (either in the native address book or as an app) do you can export all of your contacts to your iPhone.

0 Likes
zscheck

No I had it saved on backup assistant because I assumed that verizon actually knew what they were doing. Any suggestions for apps that work well with the droid and iphone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there zscheck, I am happy to hear that you recently upgraded from the Droid 3 to the iPhone 5.  I hope that you are enjoying the blazing fast speeds of the 4G LTE network.

I understand how important it is to back up those contacts. It is impossible to remember them all and a pain to enter in all those contacts one by one.

If the backup assistant application hadn't backed up anything in 6 months on the Droid 3, we would have to reactivate the Droid 3 to either sync the rest of the contacts with Backup Assistant or sync them with Google.  Then we can reactivate the iPhone 5 and bring the rest of the contacts over.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes