Contact w/Android not receiving texts
Bgblufan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the iPhone 5. Friend who has Android received texts first 2 days. However, since Sunday, I receive texts from her but she doesn't receive my replies or texts initiated by me. I reset network settings, turned off the phone, deleted and re-added contact, and removed my SIM card. Nothing worked. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Contact w/Android not receiving texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Bgblufan
I know how important text messaging can be! I use text messaging for everything! Let's get this fixed so you can go back to enjoying your device!

Do you or your friend have a signature at the end of your message? For Example; a smiley face or " Sent from ...'s phone". If so, please remove it and retest. Please delete all old messages from this contact and retest.

Please ensure the contact is set up as a 10 digit contact only. Are you using a 3rd party application to receive text messages? Are they? Does this happen with any other contacts?

Please let me know if the issue persists!

Thank you
JoeL_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ct199920042011
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bgblufan,

Exactly the same thing is happening to me and it started Sunday as well. I did not change any settings however. I have Iphone 5 and my wife has HTC Rhyme.  She is not getting my texts (other than 1 I sent that yesterday that had other contacts in the To:)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Bgblufan
I know how important text messaging can be! I use text messaging for everything! Let's get this fixed so you can go back to enjoying your device!

Do you or your friend have a signature at the end of your message? For Example; a smiley face or " Sent from ...'s phone". If so, please remove it and retest. Please delete all old messages from this contact and retest.

Please ensure the contact is set up as a 10 digit contact only. Are you using a 3rd party application to receive text messages? Are they? Does this happen with any other contacts?

Please let me know if the issue persists!

Thank you
JoeL_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Bgblufan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, Joel -

Thank you for responding to my post. I followed your advice and I'm now receiving texts from my friends.

Thank you!!

Elaine

0 Likes