Credit card charged 10-10-13 No iPhone
carrow1

I ordered my gold Iphone 5s on 9-20-13, confirmation email received at 0305 am.   Said Shipping date was 10-14-13.  On 10-10-13, payment was made to Verizon for iPhone, cleared by bank.  This mean payment was completed to Verizon.   Called Verizon today 10-15-13, customer service left me on hold for over 30 minutes only to inform me that iphone 5S will not be shipped until November 11.   NOVEMBER 11.  Unacceptable since Verizon received payment on 10-10-13.   Verizon customer service rep could not tell me why I would have to wait.   CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY YOU TAKE PAYMENT AND DECIDE NOT TO SEND PHONE.   So extremely disappointed.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Credit card charged 10-10-13 No iPhone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear carrow1,

Good afternoon. Congrats on the purchase of your new iPhone 5s.Due to the high demand of the iPhone 5s, it has caused a delay in shipping. I know this can be frustrating and  I aplogize for the delay in shipping your device. Once your phone has been shipped, you will receive an email with tracking number so that you may track the delivery of your phone.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Most companies only charge your card when they ship. Verizon however takes your money in advance. This can be to lock in the sale, or it can be that they pay for each device to Apple and others as each are ordered. I cannot say for certain.

I am a firm believer in getting my device at a corporate store. No waiting and its set up and ready for use before I leave the store. But that requires you to actually wait a few extra months for the hoopla to die down. What is the reason anyone needs to have this dumb phone exactly on day one? I just do not know.

The phone you want may even be at a local Apple Store. I know a guy at the store next to me and he said they get supplies delivered all the time. He offered to call me if I really wanted one. Told him not a big deal I will buy one when the hoopla dies down and they have a gazillion of them.

Now remember pretty soon you can get the even newer iPhone 6, 6s,7, or 7s. Its just a never ending game Apple and others play. If you don't like having your card charged in advance call the card company to charge it back. However having paid in advance may gurantee you quick shipment as they arrive. Think about it and calm down.

Gooid Luck

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I feel this way as well Elector I like to get my stuff at the store so as to avoid surprises but on my first Maxx it had to be sent to me although a little leery about it I went ahead and done it and in February, my Maxx will be 2 years old and that is with minimal issues) A good record indeed..

Hey a cold start to the Morning in the Land of oz it's only 40 out. brrrrrr    b

0 Likes
Not applicable

You know Kansas I would suspect would be a little warmer than New York since "Dorthy" wasn't wearing a jacket in the movie

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear carrow1,

Good afternoon. Congrats on the purchase of your new iPhone 5s.Due to the high demand of the iPhone 5s, it has caused a delay in shipping. I know this can be frustrating and  I aplogize for the delay in shipping your device. Once your phone has been shipped, you will receive an email with tracking number so that you may track the delivery of your phone.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Far sure) it's been cold and drury all day longSmiley Sad ready for some sunshine again..

0 Likes