Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crosstalk on iphone
Cslink

I Have been getting crosstalk recently on my iPhone 5S. Will it help if I change my phone number?

Thanks for your help.

Carey

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Crosstalk on iphone
Cslink

Hi, to explain this better, sometimes when I call someone, I hear someone in the middle of a conversation, in another phone call. I'm able to talk to them. Sometimes it's someone else on the line. Yes , i'm calling the right number.

0 Likes
Re: Crosstalk on iphone
ExNihilo

sorry no one answered you...

crosstalk on a cell phone is no different than a landline or a cordless phone, or even an illegally modified CB radio (beyond FCC ratings).  back in the 80's and 90's i would pick up truckers talking on my home radio all the time.

with cells its just someones phone on a frequency extremely close to the frequency you are using so they attract to each other and kinda bounce back and forth.  its the same theory behind landline wires, or an update for today cat5~8 networking cables, shooting really close frequency's on really close poorly shielded wires so the magnetic fields cause the frequency's to attract intermittently. 

and sorry i'm not really sure what you can do about it except hang up and call the person again and hope you are on a better frequency band...

0 Likes