Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Customer Service at store?
micron

Recently my iphone5 screened cracked from top to bottom and when I stopped at the verizon store to see what my options were since I paid for insurance I was met by some punk and when I showed him he accused me of dropping my phone right out of the box,not asking what might have happened.

I would have thought that they would have helped with getting my phone fixed... NOPE....they hand me a business card for the insurance company.What a bunch of losers,and I changed my service from US Cell to these ******? At least when I had a phone issue at US Cell they took care of it at the store.

I can say my phone was not dropped or anything dropped on it. It just cracked. I was there to get help,not accused of dropping my phone.

I called the Insurance people,which was useless,I was told I had to do it on line,in which I did.

Next day I get a call saying they don't have a replacement phone for me and could be up to a week or longer to get one.

What the hell, Oh and plus $170.00 bucks.

Well to make a long story short my contract ends with my other 2 phones in June and will gladly pay the $300 cancel fee and go to some other carrior.

I guess $2500 a year for service isn't good for them,and as for the insurance coverage....save it...after paying for 3 plus years it's a waste.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customer Service at store?
Not applicable

if it is within a year I would go to an Apple store and have them fix it or replace it.

Another thing after its fixed or replaced is to get a phone protector sleive I find it works wonders. I highly recommend them.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
spitxfire
Novice

I don't know what other companies do for deductibles and such for cell phones but that's pretty standard iPhones cost even more of course.  If the phone is physically damaged at all you're out of luck because it's not a manufacturer defect that the screen cracked.  I definitely understand your frustration and how the representative acted wasn't very professional but that was the right procedure.  If you want to switch carriers ask how they handle situations like that.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Broken screens are not covered by your Verizon 1 year warranty.  If you purchased insurance, that is a totally different company and does not involve Verizon.  You knew the deductible when you bought the policy, or you should have.

0 Likes
B33
Sr. Leader

Ok your frustrated but you didn't mention Micron how it got in the position it Did. I'm not going to press for an Answer and maybe Verizon should put a Warning sticker in there boxes warning that the Glass is susceptible to breakage but there Not.! So you have to remember yourself what it is you have in your Hand and how your going to protect it through out it's life of the Contract..

It's like being out on the football field playing football are you gonna go out there  without the proper Gear ? b

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'm amazed when I see people walking around with these large, thin phones stuck in the back pocket of their jeans.  That's a broken screen in the making.  I'm not saying that is what happened here, just making an observation.

B33
Sr. Leader

Yea i got chuckle when you said that Jim it brings me to what happen to my Cousin and what he use to say which was Man back about year ago when i first got my Maxx our Family was getting together for Easter Dinner and he had his shinny brand New Samsung in his back pocket i told him..  Dude were you got your phone isn't in a good spot you should consider a Holster or Case protector something better than your back pocket and he tried to put more bull into the Reason why he didn't need it. And i said ok but don't holler if something happens to the Screen.. 5 min. Later he went to set Down C.R.A.C.K.. and were did he come to first ?  He came to me and said i sat down and it Cracked in my ( you know were )  Man. 

All i did from there Jim..  I walk off laughing... b

0 Likes