Data Usage Alerts Not Sent as Selected
nijosc

First off, since when can you not send an email to customer service?  Instead I have to post a discussion topic, or blog, or something else...?

I have my account set to submit data alerts at 50%, 75%, 90% and 100%.  Somehow though, I NEVER receive usage alerts until it has already reached around 90%. 

Today, I received an alert that my data usage was maxed out, and then one minute later that it was at 93%.  These alerts do not work.  To compound the issue, I went online and checked my usage and my account shows I am at about 63% of my usage allowance.  What gives? 

I miss the days of cheaper data before they forced us to Share Everything and the ability to contact customer service without using a message board...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data Usage Alerts Not Sent as Selected
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there nijosc,

I'm sorry that your data alerts don't seem to be sending out correctly. I want to make sure that these are working correctly so we can help you manage your data so you don't have to manually check all the time. I would be saddened if you left over this issue, because I am confident we can get this worked out.

In order to see what is going on I would need to review your account in detail. I have already followed you. Please follow me and send me a dm. I'll take a closer look.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

All the carriers except for T-Mobile who send you a email address for tforce are email free.

Call *611 or 1-800-922-0204 to speak to customer service.

Good Luck

0 Likes
jkontvis
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a very similar issue.  Last night, while connected to my home wifi, (and sleeping, and all my apps were killed).  I received 2 data usage alert text messages at exactly the same time (1:36am Central).  The first one said that I had used 89% of my data for the month, the second one said that I had used all my data for the month.  When I went online to check my account, I have only used a little over 50% of my data. 

This happened last month as well.  What is going on?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Off the top of my head I would say faulty meters.

However it could be a ploy to have you pay more for data. Your guess would be a good as mine.

Good Luck

0 Likes
nijosc

That was certainly my though.  As jkontvis I've been receiving usage messages at percentages that don't relate to my requested alerts.  And I never get a notice at 50%, etc.  Luckily, you don't have to be with Verizon or AT&T to get a decent phone anymore, so I think it's time to move on after my contract is up.  Service, technologically and customer(ly) has degraded too far despite being charged more for the same amount of service I used a little over a year ago.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Go to the T-Mobile site. They are paying off Early Termination Fees, but you have buy the new device from them on time payments if qualified and trade in a working smartphone. Unlimited Talk, Text and data w/2.5 GB of tethering is $70 plus tax and surcharges. They do give corporate discounts if you need one.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there nijosc,

I'm sorry that your data alerts don't seem to be sending out correctly. I want to make sure that these are working correctly so we can help you manage your data so you don't have to manually check all the time. I would be saddened if you left over this issue, because I am confident we can get this worked out.

In order to see what is going on I would need to review your account in detail. I have already followed you. Please follow me and send me a dm. I'll take a closer look.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes