Re: Data Usage Alerts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@maryevelyn,

I understand the importance of having an accurate estimate of the data used during your bill cycle!

I can take a look at your account to see what your usage was and if you incurred any overages. Please keep in mind that it may take 24 to 48 hours for the system to unable after the end of you bill cycle. If your bill cycle just ended and you are still seeing the old usage amount, it may be because it has not yet updated correctly.

Please follow me , JohnB_VZW and send me a direct message with your name and number so I can further review the account. Make sure to verify the account with billing password or last four digits of social security number is a password is not set up on the account.

John_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
OldGolfer

I'm now getting the same issues of alerts from Verizon about approaching 90% of its data allowance, but my plan is unlimited voice, data, and text. Call me a skeptic, but there's got to be a subtle motive behind the snafus in the programming.

So, should I just delete the text messages from Verizon?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey OldGolfer,

If you're currently on a unlimited voice, text and data plan you have nothing to worry about. I would simply verify via My Verizon that you're currently on this plan. If you are, feel free to delete the message.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rsmckinney07

It's funny that you say to turn off the alerts and use the app. I'm having the same problem and I was told the same thing on 3/29/15 by customer service. But was still charger overage charges when I only used 11gb of my 15gb. I know this because my cycle ended on 4/7/14 and I got my bill on 4/11/15 and had to call. The lady I spike with said her computer only show 11gb used and she was going to fix the bill. Well I went to pay my bill today through the app and saw that it never got adjusted. So I call and was told by Drew the superior that "he did not believe me". I asked him to review the phone calls be a use they are all recorded. And he told me "why, it won't change anything" and then I asked for his supervisor and he told me " sorry he does not take phone calls". Really is all I can say. I'm going back to AT&T.

0 Likes
Justinokc

I have the same problem I'm switching my family plan and business plan because of this, I hope someone gets a law suit against them on this because I'd but my records in with them, yall are robbing people with these iPhones its funny android users and other iPhone users from other companies don't have this problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We don't want you to feel like this Justinokc. Monitoring usage is important so we appreciate you doing so. iPhones keep track of all usage, and does not reset automatically unless you do it manually. I can understand why you bring this up to our attention. The good thing here is that you have reached an expert in this matter.

I have clarified the concern with data in iPhones. You must reset the data usage  setting when your bill cycle resets. Do you know what your bill is?
This is the same with Android devices. If the bill cycle dates are not the correct ones, of course the device say something other than the actual usage. Once they are updated to reflect correct information, this will no longer be a concern.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes