Re: Data Usage accruing while on WiFi?
rcschnoor
Legend

Not sure what this has to do with whether or not data is recorded, at least temporarily, against your data plan when sending/receiving an MMS and receiving premature warning messages for going over your data allowance. Possibly you meant to post in a different location?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Darn, Darn and Darn. I have multiple windows open and I must have cut and pasted to the wrong thread

My apologies for the wrong posting. I know I did post it to the correct thread, since you replied. Ha ha

Good Luck

0 Likes
mellooney
Enthusiast - Level 2

has been happening to me too, and I thought it was just our iphone 5 phones.  However, noticed the pattern on an HTC phone as well.  Every 6 hours, even when connected to Wi-Fi.  Have been discussing it with Verizon on the "FB Opinion" page and getting no where.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for the clarification, JHA123. Picture messages that are not being sent via iMessage should not take away from your data allowance. If pictures are being sent through our network, then yes, it will take away from your data allowance.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello katedutch,

I'm glad that you shared your concern about MMS using data. It will be my pleasure to clarify some details on this topic. While mms does go over the data network, it does not count towards data usage. mms is accounted for in the sms/mms package. iMessage does go over the data network as this is a native Apple service. iMessage does not use sms service so its activity is accounted in the data service/package. If you have any additional questions about data usage then please advise as we're eager to assist.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
basil1091
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just noticed tonight the 6 hour hits as well.  Something is not right...

0 Likes
SVGallacher
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband and I are having the exact issue! We're home from 5 pm - 7 am where we have wifi and we still keep using up data! we keep getting messages telling us that were usEd 75% of our data just a week or so into our billing cycle. We have been increasing our data, but it keeps occuring while we're home! I agree, fraudulent practice going on!! This needs to stop.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We don't want you to go over on your data SVGallacher! What is your make/model of your device? Does this happen when you are on a different Wi-Fi? You are able to check out our data utilization http://vz.to/1FiBwU8  tool to see what is using more of your data.
AmberF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes