Data Usage monitoring
gin5

One screen says I have used all of my data and am in sagety mode; but my other screen says i have plenty left (9gb) and my apps are all working speedily which makes me think i am not in safety mode yet. which is accurate? I use maps/stream music through amazon... no movies/youtube etc so can it drain 9 gb that rapidly to where there was a major drop between data usage reports (1day)? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Usage monitoring
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gin5, We apologize for any confusion regarding your data usage, we'll help you here. Yes, large amounts of data can be consumed quickly especially when using streaming sources. To learn how to view/manage your data view questions 1,2 and 3 by visiting http://spr.ly/6605EocMf. When you sign into your online account or when you call #DATA, how much data do you have available?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Your device can tell you which apps are using data and how much

0 Likes
LOUISEC999
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looking at the phone is easy when you only have 1 line.  It is more difficult when the whole family, each with a different schedule is on the same account.

Have accurate tools to keep track family usage is important.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@LOUISEC999 wrote:

Looking at the phone is easy when you only have 1 line.  It is more difficult when the whole family, each with a different schedule is on the same account.

Have accurate tools to keep track family usage is important.

Then order them to give you the information. it's that simple. different schedule is an excuse takea 1 minute to look stuf up. The OP never expalined which screen are showing different amounts. If you ahve the My Verizon app click Data Hub then details. Shows which lines used how much. The difference between my phone and Verizon's number is 3 MB which is low enough to be a rounding error.

0 Likes