Data Usage on iPhone 5
shellbrk

I just got my daughter an iphone 5c yesterday for christmas and today I got a message from Verizon that it has used over 1GB in less than 24 hours!!! what can I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: High Data Useage on I-Phone 5!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi shellbrk!

Your daughter must love her iPhone, since she is using that data! Please keep in mind that Wifi is unlimited, so she can use as much Wifi as she wants. Do you guys have Wifi at home? You can set the device up to connect to your Wifi signal (Settings/Wifi). Have you checked he usage on My Verizon? vzw.com/myverizon
Often, data usage spikes with a new phone. Has she been downloading applications? Streaming video or music? Please share some details for me, thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Data Usage on iPhone 5
muvotx
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah if you use LTE with the factory default settings Verizon iphone 5 models will RAMPANTLY consume cellular data all hours of the day and night.  Double check your data use in the My Verizon site to confirm this is the case.

I have had to manually dial back most of my 5c  "smart phone" features, and turn off the LTE network.  Neither the Apple iOS, or Verizon network will automatically turn off cellular data when you are on a wifi... you have to do it manually.

My findings here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47CM06N5gIo

0 Likes