Data usage is out of wack
ArthurSF

I recently switched from ATT to Verizon where I never used over 1 gig of data the entire time I was with them.  Since I've been with Verizon I'm using over 2 gigs of data which is crazy.  I was told that there was an Iphone5 issue with data and I reset network settings but I used .08 gigs in just two hours yesterday.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data usage is out of wack
budone
Legend

There was an update maybe a month and a half ago that supposedly fixed the issue

0 Likes

The update has NOT fixed the data usage on my iPhone 5.  I am looking at 13 gig so far this month. I use my phone for 3 things, email, messaging and phone calls.  In the middle of the night when all the apps are closed and I have wifi at home it still uses data. Did I mention that I have wifi at work....

0 Likes
basslaker1

I have an Apple 5 and want to know if using the hot spot to view Netfliks movies on my tv will cost a fortune??

0 Likes
stephesmith

I have been having this issue on only 1 of my 3 devices since we moved to Verizon in November.... running 6.0(2) IOS on iPhone 5.

0 Likes
Data usage is out of wack
sococky
Enthusiast - Level 3

Kinda of a know issue, data usage on 5 is a monster, hope you got unlimited data, because you'll need it.

0 Likes
JFAB1972

I just had a manager over at Verizon tell me that its all in the 4G network. iPhone 5's are incurring data when timed out because they continue buffering videos you had been watching. He also commented that iPhone 5's disconnect themselves from the WIFI when they go dark.

0 Likes
nshibuya

Same thing here. I have 6 Gig / month and Verizon keeps sending me text messages every hour that I used up all 6 Gigs (I went up to 12th 6 Gigs on my plan). My iphone hot spot was on but no one but me is using the hot spot. I'm just checking email with it. No video.

Initially, they told me that it's a local issue that will be fixed in few weeks.

Second time we called, they said that was an iphone problem and told me to update the IOS. But, it didn't solve any problem.

No luck with email that I sent them. They just send me back an automated email which I can't even reply.

I think the customer service is trained to say things just to get off the phone, but not to solve the problems. Anyone have different number that I can call to get the problem solved? I don't wanna pay thoughsands of dollars every months to check emails.

0 Likes