Data usage over the top with IPhone???
mmbridant

Can't understand how or why my IPhone uses so much data. Husband has a Galaxy he uses more than me and he uses only a 1/4 of the data I use. Had him use my phone for a month the same way he uses his phone and boom, over the top!! What gives? Anyone know how to get rid of the apps pulling all the data?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data usage over the top with IPhone???
Weth
Legend

Close apps you are not using by siping them off the background app screen, turn off background updates for all apps that you absolutely don't need to update in the background, turn off cellular data to all apps you don't want to use when not on wifi.  It can be controlled.  Use the Settings/cellular option to look at what apps are using the data and concentrate on those. 

0 Likes
Re: Data usage over the top with IPhone???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mmbridant-

Being able to manage how your data is being used is a must so I appreciate you wanting to know how to stop unnecessary dat usage.Do you connect to WIFI when available? When on WIFI, how is your WIFI connection? One way to test this is to turn your data off from your phone settings to restrict it to WIFI only. If you see your data is running slow or an error about the internet connection, this would be an indicator your WIFI is often disconnecting. Here is when your phone will do its job and get you connected to our own network while using your own data. What apps you use the most? Streaming, broadcasting would certainly use your data at blazing speeds. Do you force close running apps? Keep us posted, we are here to help.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes