Different Scenario for iPhone 5 Upgrade Questions
Postie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I understand that there seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding how data plans will change in iPhone 5 upgrade scenarios. I hope that I have a somewhat unique one.

I currently have a HTC Droid Incredible due for an upgrade on a Nationwide Talk&Text Share 1400 plan. I am part of this plan with my family. I currently have an unlimited data plan that I got when I received this phone.

I've seen some articles online saying that the plan won't change to a Share Everything plan. But, in order to get the subsidized price for the phone, I'll need to give up the unlimited data. When I do that, what will my data plan look like and how will the cost compare. Will I simply continue to pay the same price for a 2GB/month data line? Will that be the only change with no change in monthly charges?

Thank you for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Different Scenario for iPhone 5 Upgrade Questions
SSPhilly
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, you can keep your base plan, and would just pay $30/mo for 2GB instead of the $29.99/mo you were paying for unlimited data previously.

Re: Different Scenario for iPhone 5 Upgrade Questions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question, Postie! Correct, you will only be required to change your data plan if you accept a discounted phone. The options are 2GB for $30 and 5GB for $50.00. I hope this addresses your concerns.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes