Do I use data when using facetime?
iphone5newb

I have seen different answers to this question and was wondering does facetime use data?  I am on shared family plan with 2gb of data and can't seem to find the right answer if it does or does not.  I saw somewhere it uses wifi, but what if I am not connected to a wifi so does it use data?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Do I use data when using facetime?
Tidbits
Legend

Yes it uses data. It depends on what you are connected to for data. It will use that. So if you like to use it and on a 2GB plan it's best to use WiFi.

0 Likes
Tabbygrey90
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ Tidbits & iphon5newb, I'm on 500mb a month and new to this whole data thing,......... SO, does that mean streaming music from iTunes via iCloud on my phone counts as data usages also or not? I also stream iTunes Radio and does that count as well?

0 Likes
wildcat2
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, those services do use data. However if you are connected to Wi-Fi, it will not count toward your plan.

Tidbits
Legend

What this person said.

0 Likes
Tabbygrey90
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank You, that was fast. It is what I thought before, but had to ask the questions. Now it makes sense. I will have to make friends again with my OLD iPod.

0 Likes
Not applicable

However on an iPhone with cloud services "songs downloaded to the iPhone" do not use data. You will know if its using data if you see. the little cloud with the down arrow next to the song. Its being ready for download to the iPhone. Those without it are already on the iPhone.

Good Luck