Do i need to unlock my iPhone to install a temporary SIM card overseas?
joshfree

I'm going to be traveling in Europe. I hear that using GPS while you're driving uses lots of data. I don't want to get socked with a huge bill when I get back. Just want to be clear about how to approach this. Meanwhile I have bought the $29.99 Global Data & Voice addition as a back-up.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Do i need to unlock my iPhone to install a temporary SIM card overseas?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi joshfree!

What a wonderful trip! I can provide you with all of the information you will need while traveling. Here is a link for you, since rates vary per country: vzw.com/international I've also followed you in the forums. If you have any additional questions, you can follow me back, and then send me a Direct Message. I'm happy to help out with all these details for you.

Thank you,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi joshfree!

What a wonderful trip! I can provide you with all of the information you will need while traveling. Here is a link for you, since rates vary per country: vzw.com/international I've also followed you in the forums. If you have any additional questions, you can follow me back, and then send me a Direct Message. I'm happy to help out with all these details for you.

Thank you,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The iPhone 5s is SIM unlocked from the factory.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes