Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do i need to unlock my iPhone to install a temporary SIM card overseas?
joshfree

I'm going to be traveling in Europe. I hear that using GPS while you're driving uses lots of data. I don't want to get socked with a huge bill when I get back. Just want to be clear about how to approach this. Meanwhile I have bought the $29.99 Global Data & Voice addition as a back-up.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Do i need to unlock my iPhone to install a temporary SIM card overseas?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi joshfree!

What a wonderful trip! I can provide you with all of the information you will need while traveling. Here is a link for you, since rates vary per country: vzw.com/international I've also followed you in the forums. If you have any additional questions, you can follow me back, and then send me a Direct Message. I'm happy to help out with all these details for you.

Thank you,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi joshfree!

What a wonderful trip! I can provide you with all of the information you will need while traveling. Here is a link for you, since rates vary per country: vzw.com/international I've also followed you in the forums. If you have any additional questions, you can follow me back, and then send me a Direct Message. I'm happy to help out with all these details for you.

Thank you,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The iPhone 5s is SIM unlocked from the factory.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes