Duplicate Text Messages
phyllisolley

I have the Iphone 5 and keep getting text messages in duplicate, they are not all from the same person and my software is up to date.  I also had the same problem with my 4S and just never asked about it.  Also why are some of my replies in green and why are some in blue?   thank you for any help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Duplicate Text Messages
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The blue and green messages mean some of them are being sent via iMessage. I don't remember which color meant iMessage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
thomprodforum
Enthusiast - Level 3

Blue indicates an iMessage sent to another Apple ID. Green indicates a standard (SMS) text message sent to a "dumb" phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks to the community for the replies regarding the blue vs. green messages.
If you continue to receive duplicate messages, we definitely want to look into why this is happening. What we will need is instances (number, date, time) in order for us to investigate the duplicates.
Feel free to message me with your information and we can begin a trouble ticket to see why this is happening.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
phyllisolley

I get duplicate text messages from Verizon on Feb 20 at 10:57 am

from 731-XXX-XXXX a lot from this number...last one  was on Feb 24 8:56 pm

from 731-XXX-XXXX deleted last one don't have date

There have *been others but I just don't have them in my phone history

right now.  it will send me a message and then immediately send it again.

Verizon sent me duplicate messages just the other day, I have listed that

one at the top, please let me know what I need to do.   Thanks*

<Phone numbers removed per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
henleya

Hello,

I have an iPhone5 and I get duplicate messages from my husband who has a Samsung Galaxy3.  This doesn't happen all the time.  Just not sure why it's happening at all.  Most of the time I receive duplicate messages from him, but there have been times when he has received duplicate messages from me.  I find this odd since we aren't using the same type of phone.  Sometimes if we restart our phones it will stop, but not always.

Any ideas on how to stop it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Henleya, duplicate messages can certainly be annoying, so let's get to the bottom of this issue. The main thing that I see causing duplicate messages on the iPhone is when the message count is high. Try deleting some old threads and also some messages you no longer need in the thread with your husband. Have him do the same. For your phone, reset it by pressing the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds until the Apple symbol pops up. If still having issues, reset your network settings http://bit.ly/OPvlTq.

Let me know if you still need assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes