Duplicate contacts
towerladder

I used the backup assistant and now i have a bunch of duplicate contacts in my list.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Duplicate contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Duplicate contacts can not only be annoying, but confusing as well.
The best way to remove the duplicates would be to log into Back Up Assistant Plus from a computer http://bit.ly/OwsVcd in order to clean up the list.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jersey_joe

How to delete duplicate contacts on a verizon droid?

Shortly after my last upgrade to a droid razr m last fall, 2012, backup assistant plus and google? combined to add more than 150 completely duplicate contacts to my existing 300 verizon contacts. They appeared both on the phone and on the verizon website.

Is there any easy way, like an app, that will eliminate duplicate contacts, but only true dupes, not just those with the same contact name. ?  (If one has the email and the other has the phone #, then don't delete). It's just a pain to fix one at a time, and then see them come back?  All that is running on the droid now is Backup Assistant+ Contacts Client and its friend, SyncManagerService. I also found Backup Assistant Plus Media on the phone. Problem?

I think that there should be some way to back out a "sync" when it's really just a copy. Sync to me implies just adding what's new and deleting what's deleted, no more, no less.

Ideas, anyone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jersey_joe
I would recommend deleting them on the site at www.verizonwireless.com/myverizon This will be your easiest option then try sync to phone.

Thank you
JoeL_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jersey_joe

Thanks, Joel.

community@verizonwireless.com

Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 6:05 PM

To: <Personal information removed for privacy.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
fritstp

Please clarify your answer. Every time I sync, it creates another set on my phone.  Now I have three of the same on my phone and in backup assistant.  If I delete the contacts on my computer and then sync to the phone, won't it pull the duplicates off my phone?

How's that going to get rid of the duplicates?

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I would recommend NOT using Backup Assistant as it has a mind of its own (will either Duplicate contacts, mix up the numbers for contacts both between the same contact and other contacts, will not back up all contacts)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@fritstp,

I understand and appreciate your concern. I want to ensure I have a full understanding of the current issue. Are you syncing contacts through multiple avenues such as G-Mail and Backup Assistant? Do the contacts only duplicate when it syncs with Backup Assistant?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes