Early Upgrade?
Spencer_Lind
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay so I don't know if this has already been asked so go easy on me please. I was wondering if there is any possibility for me to upgrade to the iPhone 5 early. My upgrade date is December 2nd so it would only be a two month early upgrade. Here's the thing: I have never had a smartphone with Verizon, or ever for that matter. I've never been on any other carrier, and I'm still using one of Verizon's 'basic' phones. Now, I have read online (not saying where) that in cases of major phone releases, Verizon will let some of their customers renew their contract early without paying the full price, just the discount price (if their upgrade is close enough that is). Does anyone know if this is true, and if they will let me do that with only two months left till my upgrade? I am very tired of my phone, mostly because it hardly works now. Any answers are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Early Upgrade?
21stNow
Master - Level 1

You can pay full price for the phone if you haven't reached your upgrade date.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

The generally correct answer is no, but it won't hurt to ask someone actually at VZW. In the past they would sometimes do exceptions but I don't personally know of a time since smartphones really took over that they were too willing to do so. The last time I had any personal experience with an early upgrade on my account was when my mother's phone was stolen at her job about a month and a half before her upgrade date....but this was years ago (back during the LG Envy timeframe). Your situation might be worthy of an exception but I wouldn't hold my breath. At least your upgrade date isn't too far off if you have to wait.

0 Likes
Spencer_Lind
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay I think I'll give it a shot. Should I call customer support?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I would call customer support and ask to speak to a supervisor. Again, no guarantees that they will do anything but the worse they can tell you is no.

jlaurich850

I've already asked, since my upgrade is on 30 Sept 2012. The earliest they will push it is 7 days so I will have to pick it up 2 days after it's released. For you the earliest will be 25 Nov.

0 Likes
benf207
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got an early upgrade. My upgrade was on October 5th, but I called and they let me preorder at the subsidized price right then and there.

0 Likes
IA8SNJ

really? wow. When was your upgrade up? The wont do mine. I am not up until dec 19th

0 Likes