Early morning disappointment - Date and time completely over 12 hours wrong on my Iphone 5
Asheville_Lawyer

My wife and I have been thrilled to have the new Iphone 5, even better, to have our AT&T contracts over and be able to switch to Verizon.  We now have service in places we never could even get AT&T to give us one bar.

Our elation turned into concern this morning when my wife bounded out of bed, "I'm late!"  "What time is it?"  I looked at my clock and it said 6:00 am EST.  She said, "why did my phone alarm not go off?"  Looking closely at her phone our new service company had updated her time to 7:19 pm EST.  I cannot help but wonder, is this new relationship already tainted with betrayal?  Have the lies already started and our honeymoon was only a weekend?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Early morning disappointment - Date and time completely over 12 hours wrong on my Iphone 5
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

Was her phone showing the correct time when you both went to bed last night. When I activated my phone on Friday I set everything up and then noticed the time had reverted back to PST? I was glad I went through the setting to play around because otherwise I would not have noticed it. I switched it to EST to the nearest recognized destination to me and all has been working well every since.

0 Likes
Re: Early morning disappointment - Date and time completely over 12 hours wrong on my Iphone 5
rcschnoor
Legend

Asheville_Lawyer wrote:

Have the lies already started and our honeymoon was only a weekend?

Yes, Verizon currently has a plan in place to lie to you about the time.

0 Likes
Early morning disappointment - Date and time completely over 12 hours wrong on my Iphone 5
Asheville_Lawyer

All of the time zone settings were correct.  This actually occured with both iphones this morning.  The times reset themselves around 7:00 am this morning.

0 Likes
WheresMyiPhone5

Hi There!

Please take a look at this discussion in Apple: https://discussions.apple.com/message/19751506#19751506

So far all the responses/complaints are from VZW customers only.

I am also an attorney and can not afford to be worried that my calendar/time/date is wrong every morning.
Apple is working on it...I will continue to update in the Apple discussion as I get more info from Apple.

0 Likes
Tannia

Thanks for posting i am having the same issues. 

0 Likes
nate_h
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have TroubleTicket (removed ticket # as ) in with the Network Engineering Team on this for the Davis, CA area.

Symptoms: iPhone 5 Loses correct Date/Time Settings after being on for some time.

Incorrect Prognoses: Classic "blame the customer" approaches:

1. Incorrect Date/Time Settings: Most customers who report this problem have the correct settings, and the time zone setting issue doesn't explain the wrong date.
  2. SIM Card Voodoo Magic, etc.: There has been no clear response from Verizon about what could be wrong with the SIM card, so save your paper clips.
  3. iOS Voodoo Magic: Again, we have no hard evidence that reloading/restoring iOS will clear anything that will prevent this from happening in the future, so save your time.

Current Workarounds:

1. Full cold reboot of the iPhone will temporarily fix the problem
  2. Reportedly, switching back and forth between automatic in the time settings will temporarily fix the problem.

Best Guess: Verizon LTE tower software sending incorrect time signals, iPhone 5 software (iOS 6, Verizon 13.1) not fault-tolerant to these signals.

In addition to the thread on the Apple Discussion Forums mentioned above, there is now a PC Magazine Article:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2411186,00.asp

Verizon, you are now getting bad press on this: please respond to this post with the status of the above TroubleTicket and the expected resolution timeline for this issue.  Also please update on the expected cause.

Thanks,

Nate

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator (M)

0 Likes
burge1ea

I am having the same problems with my iPhone5 as well with it switching dates and times on me.  I now have to use an old school alarm clock in fear that I am going to oversleep for work.....It switched times on me twice yesterday and likes to go back to the date August 24th.  It will do this on both automatic time and also when it is switched off.....very frustrating.  I am going to call Verizon today if it happens again.  It started acting up on mine about a week ago.  Before this issue, my phone clock was always 2 minutes slow in the morning and would catch back up in the afternoon.  Mainly VZW customer are having this issue as I have already been talking on the Apple forums....very frustrating...and if it doesnt stop I am going to be super irate.

0 Likes
rteedootee

Same issue here in N. Cal. as of 10/26/12 - Verizon, when will you have this fixed?

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

hello have you fixed your time zone problem if not hit me up

0 Likes