Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Email freezes up when I click on links
WhatistheStory

I have multiple email accounts hooked up to my Iphone 5 (gmail, microsoft outlook work account, etc.) and no matter which account I am looking at emails in, when I click on a link the whole email viewer freezes up and I have to force shut the program down.  I have turned the phone on and off and wasn't sure what else I could do to fix it. The phone is only a couple of months old and I bought it directly from the Verizon store.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Email freezes up when I click on links
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I know how important email is to staying connected WhatistheStory. I use email for work, school, and volunteering and not staying updated can cause me to fall behind. I'm sorry you have to shut down when checking email, especially with a new phone. I understand you have multiple email accounts but one may have an incompatibility issue with your device, especially if you downloaded the app from the play store. The app may also need to be updated. I recommend removing each email, one at a time and readding them to find out which may be causing the issue or which may need to be updated. You may also have many emails being synced at the same time which may cause phone to freeze. Try removing the sync from one or two of the email accounts and manually syncing them. This may work and clear cache and browser history periodically. Let us know if this helps and keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes