Enable Wi-Fi button is grayed out. Does anyone know if there is another setting that is causing this?
Donna6311

Enable Wi-Fi button is grayed out. Does anyone know if there is another setting that is causing this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Enable Wi-Fi button is grayed out. Does anyone know if there is another setting that is causing this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Staying connected to WiFi Donna6311 is the only way I like to be. Let’s work on this together to find a resoltuion. When did this start happening? Have you tried any steps to get the option to connect to WiFi to come back up?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Enable Wi-Fi button is grayed out. Does anyone know if there is another setting that is causing this?
Donna6311

Yes, I tried a soft reboot and also tried a reset. I ended up taking into a local Verizon store and they deemed my 3 year old phone to be broken. There was nothing that should have caused this, meaning I didn't drop it or get it wet or any unusual event. Had to purchase a new phone for over $800. I am NOT happy, to say the least.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow, we certainly regret to hear that you had to purchase a new device, Donna6311. I would have loved the opportunity to troubleshoot the device and get the Wi-Fi up and running. Is the new device working properly? What kind of device did you get?
LeoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
meap10
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had just seen a phone with the same problem. Even though you got a new phone, I think that simply means that the WiFi chips in the phone stopped working. Why that happened I do not know...

Donna6311

Even though I ended up getting a new phone, I am still curious about what happened, so I appreciate the response!

0 Likes
meap10
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm glad that it helped you! Smiley Happy

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Donna6311,

I can understand you wanting to know what was the original origin of the problem that cause the Wifi button to no longer function. I would be a bit concerned as well. Since we never trouble shot the phone prior to it being replaced, I cannot say with any level of being definite as to what the trouble may have been. I know you mentioned the device was 3 years old, like Meap10 mentioned, it seems the chip may have burned out on the device.
VeronicaM_VZW

0 Likes