Endless texts and no caller id
C4x
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK, just got my 2nd iphone 5 as the first one refused to ring in locked mode and had to be returned to store after hrs on tech support... I was also getting tons of texts from 625-0 saying VZWNMN:1 , 2,  3 etc... after getting the new iphone it does ring now like it should but I have still been getting the texts LIKE 17 A DAY!!!!! I have spent 3 days on the phone with 6 different tech support people and NO ANSWERS other than they have opted me out of 3rd party texts and having me go to my verizon account on the computer then go to "change features" and they tell me to remove the "cloud storage" and the "Backup assistant plus" BUT THERE IS NO WHERE TO DO THAT.... There is only the option to add a feature. This is driving me insane and has taken far too much of my time with verizon tech support who only tell me what I want to hear by saying "that should fix it" and NO, NO, NO it has not fixed it!!! I thought I was upgrading from my p.o.s Droid incredible 2!! But this iphone is rediculous!!! I cannot even get caller id to show up even on numbers that are already in my contacts... I have tried setttings, phone, and there is no option for caller id... AHHHH this has been a week long mess of screwing with this phone and hrs and hrs on tech support to get NO WHERE!!!!! I found as much info in 2 min just googling my problem to find out there are tons of others with the same issues and NO ANSWERS THAT ACTUALLY WORK!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Endless texts and no caller id
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

see if any of the info. in this thread helps:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/791585

0 Likes
C4x
Enthusiast - Level 1

how does any of that help? it is the same thing I just told you that mulitple people have had me do. NO ONE HAS THE ANSWER!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the frustration this entire issue is causing you C4x.. I'm sure our technical support performed all the trouble-shooting they could in order to resolve your issue. Did they file a trouble-ticket? I recommend that you try disabling Backup assistance Sync.  We have this as a known issue and are working hard to resolve it for all of our customer. Thanks for your patience.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes