Frustration with Verizon not making expected ship dates
Marie_st
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I get in touch with someone about an actual projected ship date/time for my new Iphone 5s. 

I was online at 2:55 am EST, and they had added the 5s purchase icon.  I tried to run my upgrade purchase through, and was told at 3:00 that they would not accept orders until 3:01 am.  At 3:01, I tried to purchase, and kept getting booted back out to the main upgrade screen (guessing high volume.)  Finally around 3:08, my order went through, and I received my confirmation email at 3:16, with a projected ship by 9/24 date. 

Since then, there has been no activity on my order.  As of this morning, 9/24, my credit card has not been charged (not even a pre-authorization!), my order status just says in process, shipping 9/24.  Watching these forums, I can see that people have been getting charged throughout the weekend, and most orders in that time frame have received shipping notices.  There is someone on these forums who reported a 3:17 am confirmation, that said that her account has been charged, and she's received a tracking number. 

What gives, Verizon?? 

I would just like someone to say - yes, we are shipping out your phone NOW, or no, we are not, and here is how we plan to compensate you for the delay. 

I should have just bought it from Apple directly - had everything typed in to the order form, but thought it would be wiser to go through Verizon directly.  Not anymore - the customer seems to have become just a cash cow to them. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Frustration with Verizon not making expected ship dates
Marie_st
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay - end update. 

I ordered my phone at 3:00 am on Friday, received confirmation email at 3:16 EST.  I ordered a gold 16 gb Iphone 5s.  Ship date reported was 9/24.  My card was never charged, and I never received an email or updated website to indicate anything different.  Talked to a rep on 9/23 to verify that my credit card information was correct.  She said their order dept was processing and shipping orders and that it would be overnighted to ensure that I would have it, since it had already been 4 days, and processing usually takes 1-3 days.  Obviously, that's not what happened. 

On 9/24 at 1 pm, after verifying that the card had still not been charged, and the website still stated that it would be shipped by 9/24, I called to speak to a representative.  After half an hour, with no information, and no compensation, the representative told me that it wouldn't be shipped until 10/14.  I was angry and said I should cancel the order.  The rep actually cancelled  the order.  When I arrived home, I had an email that the order had been cancelled - still no email changing the shipping date.  I was given a phone number to call if this was in error.  I called, and they explained that the order was cancelled.  When I told them this was unacceptable, I was transferred to a shipping floor manager.  We had a long discussion, and he explained that they had NO phones in stock - they had all been shipped.  When I told him I didn't care about color (I use a case - would have chosen differently had I known they didn't have the phones.) he created a new order for a 16 gb phone in silver.  He said that the silver lead time was slightly shorter than the gold or gray.  I was concerned that I had lost my position in line, since my original order had been cancelled.  He assured me that he would ensure that it was placed back in my original order position at the front of the line.  Although the email confirmation for the silver order said it would ship on 10/15, he had told me 10/7, and to my great surprise, my card was charged yesterday, and I received shipping notification that the phone had shipped on 9/26.  Apparently the mgr. did follow through on his promise.  Sadly, it wasn't shipped overnight, so my 2 day shipping will become 4, due to the weekend.  I should have my phone on Monday, Sept. 30th, 1 week later than promised. 

While I am happy to have my phone on its way, I am very disappointed in the lack of communication and clarity that Verizon Wireless has shown.  I also think that my $30 upgrade fee should be waived (it was not).  They sold phones that they did not possess, and told multiple different false stories to cover up their wrongdoing.  They have lost the trust of many customers. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
fentw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in the same boat as you.  I have a 3:04am confirmation and still nothing.

Very frustrating.  I don't mind waiting but when it says ships by 9/24 I expect it to ship by 9/24!  I as welll will go through apple next time.  All I want is an accurate ship date and someone at verizon to explain what's going on but when I call all they can tell me is the order is in place and should ship by 9/24.  I'd like to know what the story is now........

0 Likes
cphipps79
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered mine at 3:03 with an email confirmation at 3:11am. They called me later friday morning to verify that my purchase wasn't "Fraudulent" don't know what on earth they got that from. After reverifying information I then got a text message asking me to approve the purchase, which again I said Yes. Now nowthing, My card hasn't been charged and my ship date hasn't changed from 9-24-13.

0 Likes
Freakinwill

The struggle is all to real! Anyone here order a gold 16gb? My order confirmation is 12:03am PST with an expected ship date of 9/24. Since the fact there has been absolutely no activity, no CC charge on the status update and I have tried the Fedex reference tracking trick to no avail. Anyone one else in the Southern Cali region get there's yet?

0 Likes
cphipps79
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered the gold 64 gig

0 Likes
Freakinwill

I heard the higher capacity gold phones will not ship till October. Any luck for you with order status activity?

0 Likes
ashmarie07

I received my confirmation e-mail at 3:16 am EST after ordering the 32g in Gold... my card has pending charges today, I see my receipt in the documents section of MyVerizon, but when I check my order it says it is still processing and there is no tracking number available. It's supposed to ship by 9/24..today...but idk??

0 Likes
Kantoosion
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me too! Placed my order 9/20 12:06pm PST for a grey and gold 32gb.  Received confirmation 12:11pm and since then no activity!  following alot of posts from people getting shipping info to pending payment status.  I read that someone here had problems with their payment. Since I haven't seen any activity from "order being processed", I called Verizon and spoke to a rep(Ben) just to make sure my payment info was correct.  He assured me its correct and I continued to inquire more about my order.  He continued to assure me there is no issues and my order is going to ship 9/24.  So here I am checking my status and guess what...still the same as I checked it on 9/20,21,22,23.

I agree with you, someone from Verizon needs to tell us the RIGHT info instead of keeping us in limbo.

0 Likes
tacteamga
Enthusiast - Level 1

My order showed 9/24 ship as well. I spoke with someone on Friday (9/20) and they confirmed all the details for my account, etc. then they changed my ship date to 10/14! If you gave me 9/24 as a ship date when I stayed up until 3am to order then you would expect that to be honored. I spoke with someone from Verizon who told me the ship by date is only "estimated" and refers to such on the screen when you order.

Freakinwill

Talked to another rep today (one of many over the course of the past two days). She told me there hadn't been anything out of the ordinary with supply and my order would ship by today. However, she added that the tracking number could take up to 48 hours to appear in my email which seems to explain why some people were surprised that their phones were already picked up for delivery. For those of you in the same boat with the expected 9/24 ship date we will hopefully see this phone no later than Thursday. In the meantime maybe this trick might work for some of you!

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1364868-How-to-get-your-FedEx-tracking-number-without-cal...

0 Likes