Re: Frustration with Verizon not making expected ship dates
Marie_st
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered the 16 gb gold phone, which I'm sure is part of the problem.  When I ordered, all colors were listed as shipping by 9/24.  When I checked out, I still had 9/24, my confirmation email states 9/24, and my order status has always been listed as pending, to be shipped by 9/24. 

I spoke to a Verizon rep yesterday to verify that I'd typed in my correct card number, she said yes, the card was verified, and that my order was in process.  She said since it had been in process so long, the shipping department would most likely upgrade the shipping to overnight, rather than 2 day.  She had no idea when the phone would actually ship. 

I would like to know if I am in the queue for shipment today or not, and if not, why. 

The computer knew how much inventory was in stock, and should not still be reported a current ship time, if they are out. 

I'm starting to get very perturbed. 

0 Likes
Freakinwill

Try the link I posted up above ^^^^ It gives you some power to see whether or not it's shipped through the Fedex system.

0 Likes
Marie_st
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hope that the rep you spoke with is telling the truth that they still have enough phones to guarantee shipping for the ones sold with a 9/24 shipping date.  I understand the email system being backed up, but I am sure they haven't shipped me a phone without charging my credit card.  As of noon EST today, I still have not been charged. 

0 Likes
ksewell1183
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ordered my 16gb gold 5s and got a confimation email saying will ship by 9/24 a few minutes after at 2:12 am central time. I have not been charged but have a 0.00 charge showing up on hold at my bank from verizon from the date I ordered it. when i check on the order it still says order is in process and expected ship date 9/24 no tracking number either. I called and they just say it is in process and is expected to ship today and should have it thursday if it ships today. I am getting frustrated that I cant get a straight answer on why my card hasn't been charged and why I don't have a tracking number yet! I am getting nervous that I wont even get the phone till october or november!!

0 Likes
Tomosovich
Enthusiast - Level 1

A quick read through many of the posts here and it looks like you aren't alone. Many of us are confused as to when we will actually get the phone. I will post an update if and when I get the phone today or tomorrow. I ordered right around the same time as you, my confirmation email came at 1:26 Mountain time, so just 14 minutes after yours, but I have a tracking number at least and my card has been charged. The tracking information is stagnant though and has said the phone is in MS for 2 days now. Good luck, and let us know when you get it. FWIW I ordered two Silver Iphones, one 32GB and the other 16GB

Freakinwill

So the sun will set soon here on the west coast and I'm still as certain about everything as I was earlier. Reps indirectly hinted the probability that 9/24 orders (at least some) will be delayed "a couple days." So there's really no way of knowing, the reps are just as in the dark as us. I managed to enter my order number into UPS's reference tracking and discovered three potential orders that are awaiting shipment commands, some hope, probably false hope. FedEx reference shows absolutely know bread crumbs of my order number.

Has anyone today gotten storm of anything?

0 Likes
ozubair
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know how you feel.  Took me all day to get a hold of someone who I could actually talk to, and when I finally did all they could tell me was that "once Apple sends us the iPhones we can ship them out to you."  So what about my ship date of today?  She said well, "there isn't much we can do about that."  Now I'm not the smartest cookie in the world, but your telling me a company like Verizon does not know when they will have enough inventory to fulfill orders that they have already sold to customers???  How does a company sell products based on certain conditions, such as when they will arrive to their customers, and then completely disregard the conditions that were part of the basis of the sale?  I was really looking forward to finally joining Verizon from T-Mobile, but now I don't know.  My expectations on customer service with Verizon has definitely been tarnished.  I'm curious to see if tomorrow on 9/25 my order status will still show expected to ship 9/24.  Extremely disappointed with my early relations with VZW.  

0 Likes
Freakinwill

I just hope if there is no inventory and when they do get it, that we still keep our ticket in line. None if this bumping out of the way nonsense.

0 Likes
galahan

Same boat with the 9/24 ship date. Got a email tonight saying my order has been cancelled . Thanks Verizon

0 Likes
bambambam

High internet speed & same billing/shipping info seems to be have been key? Any little hiccup in the ordering process (or late log-on) seems to have caused a hiccup in the delivery. "longtime customer" in "good standing" sure doesn't seem to have counted for ****! We'll all get them next. There will be a second wave of shipping, just like last time, and the time before that, etc. They'll ship them next day in non-canelled cases, I'm sure...?

0 Likes