Group text in email
Tsarallin

I have an iPhone 5s, my boss at work will send a group message to our department and they show up in my email not in messaging client.  They show up as a txt file attached. She has a 6 and she and I text just fine.  I say text but it's actually iMessage.  She doesn't have my iCloud email address.  Any way I can get these group messages to show in my messaging client rather than mail.

I use the clients that come with iOS.  I have searched the web and what I find are people trying to not have their icloud email address not show in the messaging app.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Group text in email
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info Tsarallin! Let's look into this deeper together. May I ask do you have iMessage setup using your email address and/or your mobile number? To check, simply go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You Can Be Reached By iMessage At. In this field, you want to make sure that your mobile number is the default option there. Please keep us posted once you check this.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets take a further look into the concern, Tsarallin. I understand important it is to have be up to date with all communications sent out by your boss. May I ask if your boss is using the standard messaging app or third party service / app to send out the group message?

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
Tsarallin

She still uses the apple created messaging app bundled in ios

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info Tsarallin! Let's look into this deeper together. May I ask do you have iMessage setup using your email address and/or your mobile number? To check, simply go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You Can Be Reached By iMessage At. In this field, you want to make sure that your mobile number is the default option there. Please keep us posted once you check this.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes