HELP! iPhone 5 Dropping Calls
dailykosak

I just switched from an HTC Rezound to an iPhone 5. The device is brilliant in almost all respects....the problem is that it is terrible at what it was designed to do; make phone calls. Although my rezound worked flawlessly, the iphone has dropped every call I have made with LTE activated, and around half of the calls I have made on the 3g network with LTE turned off.

I have already tried a factory reset of the network settings and taking out and putting in the sim card. Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HELP! iPhone 5 Dropping Calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dailykosak, I regret to see that your iPhone 5 isn't performing as well voice-wise as your Rezound. Dropping every call is definitely excessive. Is this happening in a specific location or everywhere you use your phone? What zip code are you located in? Is the signal low as well? If you're within your 14 day worry free guarantee, I would recommend exchanging for another iPhone 5. Different phones will connect to the network differently, but dropping every single call is definitely a problem and possibly an issue with the hardware.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dailykosak

Thanks for the reply. I spent a few hours on the phone with Apple and we determined that it was actually a hardware issue. I stopped by an Apple store, switched out phones, and my iPhone is now working flawlessly. No dropped calls, excellent LTE coverage. Sweet!

0 Likes
lholton

Sim Card, I was not aware they were used on the Verizon network, Make an Apple store appointment

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless started using SIM cards when then starting selling LTE capable devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes