Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Had to file an insurance claim and get a new phone. Went through all the proper steps to activate my new phone. Exchanged the SIM card, called Verizon from a different phone, etc. Now, I can send and receive iMessages, but can't make or receive calls. I g
ashleyahumble

Had to file an insurance claim and get a new phone. Went through all the proper steps to activate my new phone. Exchanged the SIM card, called Verizon from a different phone, etc. Now, I can send and receive iMessages, but can't make or receive calls. I get a message that says "your phone can not be authenticated. please hang up and dial #8899." It won't let me do that either. I don't know what to do.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Had to file an insurance claim and get a new phone. Went through all the proper steps to activate my new phone. Exchanged the SIM card, called Verizon from a different phone, etc. Now, I can send and receive iMessages, but can't make or receive calls.
winterbaby18

Clarification please: are you using the old iPhone 5s sim card in the replacement iPhone?  Have you tried resetting the network settings in: settings > general > reset > reset network settings?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Had to file an insurance claim and get a new phone. Went through all the proper steps to activate my new phone. Exchanged the SIM card, called Verizon from a different phone, etc. Now, I can send and receive iMessages, but can't make or receive calls.
winterbaby18

Clarification please: are you using the old iPhone 5s sim card in the replacement iPhone?  Have you tried resetting the network settings in: settings > general > reset > reset network settings?

0 Likes