Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Has anyone had issues with their Gyroscope or Accelerometers randomly breaking?
radica1

I had my phone in my purse for a few hours at work and when i took it out again they were no longer working.  I didn't do anything (use, touch, drop, etc.) to the phone in that time period and now my phone gets extremely hot when I'm using it or when I'm charging it and the gyroscope/accelerometer no longer work.  If i try to use the compass app it just goes on the fritz and the iPhone's parallax effect makes everything shake and swirl around like crazy.

I have a small scratch/chip in the corner of my phone and the Verizon store representative said he wasn't sure if it would be considered damaged or not.  The iPhone is outside of the 1 year warranty.  I'm not sure what to do but i can barely use the phone now Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone had issues with their Gyroscope or Accelerometers randomly breaking?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I understand your predicament radica1! Applications some times fail when system files get corrupted. I have resolved similar issues with my iPhone by doing a hard reset, as this procedure brings the phone back to original factory settings and clears any potential system error. Give it a try http://bit.ly/TDltcJ

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes