Have I lost the opportunity for unlimited data?
dlkva

Last week I activated my new iPhone 5 going from a basic phone.  We currently are on a Nationwide talk plan with my wife's iPhone 4 having unlimited data and mine with a 2GB data bundle.  A Verizon store representative indicated I could switch the numbers associated with each of the devices online thereby giving my iPhone 5 the unlimited data and my wife's the 2GB but when I tried online it didn't allow me.  Is there anyway to do the switch and better yet keep my number and my wife keep her number?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Have I lost the opportunity for unlimited data?
two1361

I could be mistaken, but i believe switching to LTE you are unable to get unlimited data. i also switch to the iphone 5 from an Android with unlimited data for several years. And i was forced to drop my Unlimited Data and go with a Tiered Data plan.

0 Likes
Re: Have I lost the opportunity for unlimited data?
21stNow
Master - Level 1

dlkva wrote:

Last week I activated my new iPhone 5 going from a basic phone.  We currently are on a Nationwide talk plan with my wife's iPhone 4 having unlimited data and mine with a 2GB data bundle.  A Verizon store representative indicated I could switch the numbers associated with each of the devices online thereby giving my iPhone 5 the unlimited data and my wife's the 2GB but when I tried online it didn't allow me.  Is there anyway to do the switch and better yet keep my number and my wife keep her number?

The data feature is on the line, not the phone.  So you could switch phones with your wife, but your wife will be the one with unlimited data.  Since the feature is grandfathered, there is no way to get unlimited data on your line.

0 Likes