Hello. Is iPhone 5 Global Phone?
Zidan74

Hello. Is iPhone 5 work outside the US? Is it Global phone like iPhone 4Gs?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Hello. Is iPhone 5 Global Phone?
Wescyde
Contributor - Level 1

Global Ready

• Customers must activate pre–installed SIM Card and a Global Service plan or feature to enable roaming outside of the U.S. in GSM and UMTS Network.
  • International Roaming (CDMA) is available on all Verizon Wireless devices and does not require an activated SIM Card. (Global Data Plan or Feature is suggested)
  • For Outside of the U.S. Services, Rates, Coverage, and Countries by Technology please visitwww.verizonwireless.com/global

Thats right off the Iphone 5 details just click on the phone and scroll down to all the specs and stuff

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wescyde
Contributor - Level 1

Global Ready

• Customers must activate pre–installed SIM Card and a Global Service plan or feature to enable roaming outside of the U.S. in GSM and UMTS Network.
  • International Roaming (CDMA) is available on all Verizon Wireless devices and does not require an activated SIM Card. (Global Data Plan or Feature is suggested)
  • For Outside of the U.S. Services, Rates, Coverage, and Countries by Technology please visitwww.verizonwireless.com/global

Thats right off the Iphone 5 details just click on the phone and scroll down to all the specs and stuff

0 Likes
dlim899
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it will be. You must call Global Support (check online for their number) and activate global roaming service. Its free unless you sign up for the Global Plan, which is 5.99 or 4.99 per month, you get a reduced rate.

In the meantime, however, make sure that Global Support activate the included Nano-SIM. If you travel to areas where there are no CDMA services, it will switch to GSM Network, however, you must go into your phone Setting/General/Network/Roaming and disable the International CDMA (OFF) for it to roam on a GSL network. I hope the iOS6 is the same.

0 Likes
carpediemgal
Contributor - Level 1

When I preordered from Verizon, I had to check off many things....one was do you want a GLOBAL phone...(or something similar to that question).  I checked OFF the circle that said YES.  Also, before ordering, I called Verizon and the representative said I had to state whether it would be used as a Global phone so a SIM card could be installed.  I am deducing it is NOT automatically a global phone....Maybe a phone call to Verizon would be apropos.  However, when I talked to another representative he said he hadn't heard that one needs a sim card.  All I know, is on my preorder I had to check this off as an option.  I love the fact that it will be global.  I have a HORRIBLE Samsung global from Verizon but the discount packages for travel abroad are the way to go.  I just can't wait to have everything in this one phone!  I hope this helps you.

0 Likes