Help! Recently lost all signal in home
xnguyenk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an iPhone 5. Over the last 3 days, every time I enter my apartment building and room, I completely lose all reception. This is completely strange to me because before that, I've always had great and reliable signal living here. Never had reception or dropped call problems at all. The first two days of this problem, I couldn't text anyone besides iPhone users through iMessage whenever I was on Wifi. NOW, its been 3 days: this morning I tried using iMessage and now, iMessage is also not working (even though I'm still on wifi). The wifi will still let me surf the web and run my applications on my phone, but I can't text.

There's no way I'm out of data, my data plan just restarted yesterday. Every time I text an iPhone user through iMessage, it quickly goes to a red exclamation mark that says "not delivered." When I text a non-iPhone user, it says failure to deliver. So now, in my apartment, I can't call/receive calls, nor can I text/receive texts of ALL users.
One of my roommates who has a different carrier still has perfect signal. My other roommate that also has Verizon is incurring the same problems.

What should I do? I live in LA, my zip code is 90024.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help! Recently lost all signal in home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's sounds as if you've localized this to your apartment, xnguyenk, and my hunch is that it is a neighbor's network extender ( http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/samsung-network-extender-scs-2u01/ ). To confirm if the phones are connecting or not, dial #48 on your phone. We are hoping it says "You are not under network extender coverage".  On top of this, we thank you for restarting, in additional let’s Reset your iPhone’s network settings :  http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-64531/ . After completing this, you will need to re-enter your wi-fi password to get back connected to your wi-fi.
DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

xnguyenk,

Help has arrived! This is certainly a mystery about your lost of service. We’re on the case for you. You are in a  great coverage area & there aren’t any reported issues at all. Since this has happened, have you been able to turn your phone completely off & then back on? Does it show “no service” at the top of the phone?

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
xnguyenk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry it took a while to respond, I was out of town for the holidays.

Anyways, it currently says "1x" at the top of my phone. Same thing-- can not text or call anyone when I'm inside my building (unless it's iMessage). The strange thing is that for a good couple of hours, my phone worked again and went to perfect "3G" signal-- everything went back to normal. A few hours later, it dropped again to 1x and has been this way since. One time last week, it changed to no signal, where I was unable to text, call, AND iMessage. However, it is currently at "1x" at the moment, and remains at 1x majority of the time while I'm in my apartment.

Is it possible that there is a device in the building blocking the Verizon signal? My roommate has another provider and its fine. I've talked to friends living in the building on other floors, and they have informed me they aren't getting this problem. Only my roommate and I (who are both verizon users) are getting these problems.

xnguyenk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've already restarted my phone, as well as reset settings. It hasn't helped.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the additional information provided xnguyenk. This will help us get to the bottom of your network concerns. Did you recently make any changes to your phone such as any new third party apps or software when this started?  Do you know of other VZW customers in the building who are experiencing the same issue? Is there any new construction in or around the building?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's sounds as if you've localized this to your apartment, xnguyenk, and my hunch is that it is a neighbor's network extender ( http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/samsung-network-extender-scs-2u01/ ). To confirm if the phones are connecting or not, dial #48 on your phone. We are hoping it says "You are not under network extender coverage".  On top of this, we thank you for restarting, in additional let’s Reset your iPhone’s network settings :  http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-64531/ . After completing this, you will need to re-enter your wi-fi password to get back connected to your wi-fi.
DavidH_VZW

0 Likes