Help with finding the Carrier Settings Update
stephaninie

The Carrier Settings Update popped up, but I hit 'not now'.  I can't get the update to appear and my phone keeps telling me I have no signal.  Under Settings-General-About - Network "states" Not Available" It doesn't say Verizon. Any suggestions?

I have restarted my phone and checked the SIM card.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Help with finding the Carrier Settings Update
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Under settings>general>network is your data turned on?

0 Likes
stephaninie

under settings>general>about>network I don't see a setting for data (?)  But... My network is now showing as Verizon. Not sure what happened - does anyone know why this would have changed?

However, can I still access the Carrier Settings Update?

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stephaninie, I know the importance of ensuring your carrier updates are coming to your phone, correctly. I'm glad that you've taken the best steps to ensure your network carrier are showing correctly! At times checking this information while connected to Wifi can cause the "Not available" to appear there. In order to check for a new update, you can go to Settings > General > Software Update.Please be sure to let us know if you have further questions.

TanishaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Did you get your signal back yet? If not turn off the phone, take out the SIM card, and put it back in. Turn back on. When you do get to check your carrier update, the latest version is Verizon 19.1

0 Likes
IVYROWE1

I updated a 5 to iOS 10 Using iTunes. Then I was asked to update carrier. Unsure of this update, I canceled. Now I can not access the carrier update. Without the carrier update, the phone cannot access phone use with wi-fI. How do I access the carrier update. It is not available in settings ... general ... about or in settings ... cellular. It just says phone is up to date With iOS 10.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm happy you were able to update the software on your device Ivyrowe1. I'm sorry you're having issues with the carrier update.

Carrier settings updates are small files that are installed on iOS devices. The Carrier settings include updates to  MMS Settings and default apps on IOS devices. Having the most up to date Carrier Settings is recommended for the proper functionality of the device.To update the carrier settings via the phone, refer to this link via the Apple website https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201270 . Keep us posted .

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes