Re: High Data Useage on I-Phone 5!!!
alpha_sum

I just got the update on her phone while I was working on it, iOS 6.0.1...

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

I'm so sorry yes you are right you will see a ( -) when the apps are shaking hit the red - and it will close apps I'm sorry

0 Likes
homeistexas
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes thats the update suppose to fix some of the problems. I just did it so I don't know if it will fix them cause im have the same problem of the phone eating cellular data while on wifi

0 Likes
alpha_sum

Well, glad to know its not just us...VZW and I are going to go round-n-round if this keep's up...I mean all night long, here and there. Thanks for the timely responses...

0 Likes
homeistexas
Enthusiast - Level 3

they say they will credit any overages to the ones like us with the problem phones. There have been many post in this forum about the 5 using lots of data and Verizon is aware of the problem. I just hope this update fixes it.

0 Likes
Swils10
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your information!  Just got my new phone three days ago and received a message from Verizon that I had reached 51% of my usage!  With your instructions, I discovered I had so many apps running!  I was able to shut them all down.  Hopefully, I'll stay withing my alloted time.  Just to claify, I had been using a Droid 2 for a couple of weeks so not all of the problem was from my new phone.

Thanks for your help Jondal!

0 Likes
smash218

Has anyone found a solution to those of us who are not using our phones...yet Verizon shows us using 16GB!!!!!!!!

Is it the phone or the softwear and WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS? I feel this is theft and fraud..... Please help.

0 Likes
smash218

how are apps that are not closed out using data if the phone is not being used? Is there any solution to the wifi issue with these phones? My bill has $80 overages. Has anyone tried switching phones...for example... my husbands phone has the data problem and mine does not..they are both iphone 5... if we went in and switched our phones....would mine then have the data problem? Before we switched to the 5 He was using a HTC Desire...and Verizion told us the data problem was due to his phone being old...im wondering if this problem has anything to do with the actual phone number?? So frustrated...also how do we get them to remove data charges on the bill that are not legit?

0 Likes
smash218

YES! It is only happening on one of our 3 phones...but it was going on before we switched to the iphone as well....but before we switched it didnt matter because it was unlimited data...we were aware that there was no way the phone was using 16GB but we didnt care because it was unlimited...they said it was because the phone was old... ironically upgraded to iphone 5 and the SAME problem. makes me wonder if it is the actual phone number itself....If i went to the grocery store and at the checkout they decided to charge me for 5 loafs of bread...even though I wasnt buying bread...and they knew it... wouldn't this be NUTS? Now how is this data any different? They know we are not using it....yet we have to pay for it? This is wrong in so many ways!  Or gee McDonalds might as well start just charging us for the two cars behind us when we use the drive through...and not tell us until its too late to change it.

0 Likes
streetmedic7

I'm on the verge of going back to my Droid Bionic. I used to use 2.5 GB/month, no I am a lighter user but have eaten up 3 GB in 12 days?! Please, Apple, you got some s'plainin' to do.

0 Likes