Ho do I do a reset and/or hard reset? What is the difference?
terhune

I am not getting text messages and not getting notifications for text voice mail. After reading posts here I would like to try a reset and/or hard rest. Could I get information on how to do this and what is the difference between each? Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ho do I do a reset and/or hard reset? What is the difference?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

terhune I would be happy to help. I am sorry to hear of the trouble you are having with your phone! What kind of phone is it?

A reset (or soft reset) does not erase any of what you have stored on the phone. This does typically fix about 90% of the problems you will ever have with a phone though. So we always recommend trying this first.

When a soft reset does not work a hard reset may do the trick. A hard reset will restore the phone to its factory default settings and will erase anything you have on the phone. So definitely back up your phone with the cloud before you do this.

Once I find out what kind of phone you have I will reply here with steps specifically for your device.

BryanS_VZW
Follow us at Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

terhune I would be happy to help. I am sorry to hear of the trouble you are having with your phone! What kind of phone is it?

A reset (or soft reset) does not erase any of what you have stored on the phone. This does typically fix about 90% of the problems you will ever have with a phone though. So we always recommend trying this first.

When a soft reset does not work a hard reset may do the trick. A hard reset will restore the phone to its factory default settings and will erase anything you have on the phone. So definitely back up your phone with the cloud before you do this.

Once I find out what kind of phone you have I will reply here with steps specifically for your device.

BryanS_VZW
Follow us at Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

Start by rebooting your device. If this doesn't restore your notifications, check your notification settings to make sure you have it set to allow these apps to do so.

If reboot and that doesnt help you can perform a Factory Data Reset of the device and then update your OS to the latest software before reloading your applications and see if this helps.

0 Likes