Hot Spot Not Available
mikeorps

My phone data is working fine but for some reason after a year of using the hotspot on my iphone 5 it says it is no longer available and I have to call Verizon or fix settings on account.  Has this happened to anyone else?  How do I enable hotspot in my account online?

thanks

mike

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Hot Spot Not Available
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's under the Manage My Account. Click on the "Change Features".

IMG_20131230_190142.jpg

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mikeorps, we want you to be able to use all the features on your phone! What message, exactly, are you getting? Only the new Share Everything plans offer access to your Mobile Hotspot without an additional cost. If you are currently on a different plan we may need to adjust things. Depending on your usage, moving to a Share Everything plan may or may not be more cost effective while having the hotspot active.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mikeorps

Hi,

Here is the message I get.  My phone is provided by my work and I have used the hotspot for a year.  Now this is the message i get below.  I can login into my account but can't find the button to enable hotspot again.

Any guidance.

thanks,

mike

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that great screen shot! It really helps! This message comes up when the data package for your line does not include the Hotspot. Would it have been possible for your company to have modified your data package?

To enable the hotspot, you will want to tap on "Go to Website" and then "My Verizon." From there, you will log in to My Verizon and select the Plan tab. Under the Plan tab you will want to select "Change Features" and then your phone line. After that, you will need to expand the Data Packages section by tappin on the "-" and Switch to the Feature you would like to use. Make sure to choose one of the data packages with the Hotspot included, and once the feature is changed your hotspot will work again. If you are presented with the option to backdate the change, I highly recommend doing so as that will avoid a prorated data allowance for the month.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the OP has the unlimited data plan, then they need to go to Add or Change Feature and add the Mobile Hotspot. They DON'T need to change their data plan if they have the unlimited data plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mikeorps

Hi,

Thanks yes I have unlimited data. But I can’t find the “Add or Change feature” button.

Here are my manage my device buttons> Where should I look.

Thanks

mike

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's under the Manage My Account. Click on the "Change Features".

IMG_20131230_190142.jpg

0 Likes