HotSpot Feature for iPhone 5
MilaJo
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I use my HotSpot feature on my iPhone 5? Do a need to download something from the App Store?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HotSpot Feature for iPhone 5
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What kind of plan do you have?  Unlimited smartphone data?  tiered data plan? Share Everything plan?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MilaJo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Share Everything.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Mobile Hotspot is included with the Share Everything plans.  Your shouldn't need to download anything.  You can just turn it on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MilaJo
Enthusiast - Level 1

On my previous phone (HTC Thunderbolt) there was a HotSpot app that was preloaded on my phone. The iPhone does not have this. I may need to download it from the App Store, but not sure of the correct one of there is one.

0 Likes
MilaJo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, I found it. I had to go to Settings, then Cellular and Open the Hotspot there.

Thanks for your help!!

0 Likes
JBTC

While in Hot Spot, which is best to use: a thethered USB to your PC or the wireless connection?  Does either use less data transfer or are the transmissions through the I5 the same?

0 Likes
MilaJo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not really sure about the data transmission. The only way I've used my Hot Spot was wirelessly. I haven't had any connection issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Jbtc!

Staying connected while on the go is super important! Really good questions. There really isn't a difference in tether versus hotspot.

I recommend hotspot as less plug/unplug just for the sake of your ports!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
AFENI81

Are there any additional charges for using the phone as a personal hot spot?

0 Likes